Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Ahem....."


Last night we had some friends over for dinner and movie night. We watched "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed," Ben Stein's documentary which "looks to scientists on both sides of the issue [Evolution vs. Intelligent Design]…and reveals some truly shocking answers."

It is a phenomenal film, in my opinion. You can read about it here and watch trailers here.

My heart was breaking last night as I watched the evolutionists defend their position, knowing how lost they are.

This morning, as I was praying for these people, I was asking the Lord to open their eyes to the truth that the real issue is "control," not the origin of species. They simply don't want to give up control over their lives.

As I prayed that, I heard an "Ahem....." Oh, ouch.

"Okay, Lord. Yes, You are so right. I am so struggling to give up control over my life. My circumstances. My people. I must lay it down. You who are merciful, gracious, slow to anger, full of goodness and truth, forgiving of iniquities, transgressions and sins, & will not leave the guilty unpunished (Exodus 34:6-7), are the one qualified to control my life. Not me. Not me. And I'm the one who should know better."

I am asking Him to make that a moment by moment reality in my life.

Thanks, Ben Stein, for your amazing piece of work that convicted this piece of work to focus on the Intelligent Designer.


2 comments:

  1. Mom, that was the best Piece of writing you've done yet. I love it. Your zinger on the end was especially good!!!

    ReplyDelete