Monday, January 6, 2014

Book List for 2014!

I think this was a really good idea! I posted this on Facebook:

"What books have had the greatest impact on your Christian life? I am making a list for this year. I hope to read one a month that will challenge and deepen my walk with Him. Ready, Set, Go!"

And these are the responses I got!  I can hardly wait to dig in!  The first three were recommended to me by friends apart from Facebook.
  • Polishing God's Monuments by Jim Andrews
  • Recovering from Losses in Life by H. Norman Wright
  • A Shelter in the Time of Storm by Paul David Tripp
  • The Lamb's Supper by Scott Hahn
  • Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer
  • Forgotten God by Francis Chan
  • Future Grace by John Piper
  • Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
  • Satan and His Plan of Evil by Keith Blades
  • Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
  • The Wise Women Novella by George MacDonald
  • The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun
  • Secret of the Vine by Bruce Wilkinson
  • One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
  • We Would See Jesus by Roy and Revel Hession
  • Anything by Jonathan Edwards!
  • New Evidence That Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell
  • Nestle Don't Wrestle by Corrie ten Boom
  • A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie
  • The Promise by Robert Morgan

At the recommendation of a high school classmate, last month I started reading Polishing God's Monuments by Jim Andrews.  Tremendous impact on me.  So, I'm hoping some of the above tomes will also have a positive impact on my walk with Him.

If anyone else has recommendations, please fire away!




2 comments:

  1. Ooooh.! I love this! I didn't see your post on fb, but I am also reading a book a month. I shall read some of the books you've listen here:)
    Some of my favorites are:
    Undaunted by Christine Caine
    Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick
    So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore
    Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer

    I also just began Fashioned to Reign by the pastor of Bethel in Redding. It's super controversial, goes against most of what I've been taught, and yet I'm mulling it all over in my head and heart thinking it just *may* be absolutely right on. My whole theology may need to shift here shortly! You have quite the list already, but if you ever get around to it, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Hope all is well with you. Think about you often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your list, Elisabeth! I've read "So Long Insecurity," but the others are new to me. I'll look into them. And I'll take a look at Fashioned to Reign, as well and let you know what I think. :-)

      Delete