"What books have had the greatest impact on your Christian life? I am making a list for this year. I hope to read one a month that will challenge and deepen my walk with Him. Ready, Set, Go!"
And these are the responses I got! I can hardly wait to dig in! The first three were recommended to me by friends apart from Facebook.
- Polishing God's Monuments by Jim Andrews
- Recovering from Losses in Life by H. Norman Wright
- A Shelter in the Time of Storm by Paul David Tripp
- The Lamb's Supper by Scott Hahn
- Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer
- Forgotten God by Francis Chan
- Future Grace by John Piper
- Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Satan and His Plan of Evil by Keith Blades
- Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- The Wise Women Novella by George MacDonald
- The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun
- Secret of the Vine by Bruce Wilkinson
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- We Would See Jesus by Roy and Revel Hession
- Anything by Jonathan Edwards!
- New Evidence That Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell
- Nestle Don't Wrestle by Corrie ten Boom
- A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie
- The Promise by Robert Morgan
At the recommendation of a high school classmate, last month I started reading Polishing God's Monuments by Jim Andrews. Tremendous impact on me. So, I'm hoping some of the above tomes will also have a positive impact on my walk with Him.
If anyone else has recommendations, please fire away!