Friday, January 14, 2011

The Gifts God Gives

~
Okay, with all the response to the picture of my "new" double oven, I'm thinking it would be good to give credit where credit is due!

Last week, the element in the lower oven of my double wall unit kind of exploded.  Boomer noticed fire-like symptoms and we ran to shut it off.  The element had burned through in one spot and was spouting fire.  So.

I felt rather bound by having only one oven.  Now, I would imagine that could sound strange to some of you, but I have functioned with two ovens for a long time and I cook A LOT.  Not just for us, but for the band, and extended family, and anyone who happens to show up at our place.  In planning Maggie's birthday party, we actually planned the menu around ONE oven, because we couldn't be sure that there would be any alternative.

So, I decided to put a request out on Freecycle for a double oven wall unit and see what happened.  The next morning there was a response, and I was able to go and pick it up -- in Onalaska! -- and bring it home.  That was Tuesday.  My dear husband called his brother who is an electrical genius, and he came yesterday, Thursday, and between him and Maggie and Boomer, they took out the old one, installed the new one, and I am back in business!  Awesome.  And to add to that, I Freecycled the old one and have two takers!

Oh, and did I mention that it's white?  That means it matches the fridge and dishwasher.  I wouldn't have cared if it were green.  But it's white. :-)

I'm sharing this as a tribute to my loving Abba Father who, in the midst of all else, gifted me with a new set of ovens.  He didn't have to.  But He did.  I love that.  I love Him.

Thank You, Jesus.


~

3 comments:

  1. The Deity's in the details. He is so sweet. I love what He does for His kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that His way...taking care of you and protecting you from a possible house fire and always providing the best! Beautiful family photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anne. I miss your blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete